Monday, December 17, 2012

Homemade Ornaments



For Christmas this year, I made ornaments for each family in the church. I found the idea on Pinterest. It worked so well, I decided to share it on my blog. Other than the cooking part, this is a GREAT craft for kiddos. Here is the recipe for the dough:

1 Box of Baking Soda (about 2 cups)
1 Cup of Starch ( I used potato starch because that is all I could find here)
1 1/2 Cups of Water

Mix all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring consistently, until it is too thick to stir with a spoon. Cool for 15 minutes, or until the dough is cool enough to touch. Knead it for about 5 minutes, or until smooth.

The dough is a rubbery consistency, and I found it very easy to work with. After you mold it into what you desire, allow at least 2 days to dry. If it is thick, it will take several days. It can be painted with acrylic paint. Happy crafting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment