Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day on Red Square

Living in a different country always has its advantages. The night before Valentine's day my husband said he had a surprise for me in the morning. We woke up early, dressed warm and headed to downtown Moscow. When we got off at the Teatralnya metro stop, I knew it probably had something to do with Red Square. The walk is so lovely, and we had perfect weather. I love the cobblestone streets and all the old buildings. Many are even older than the country of America. As we came around the corner past Gum Mall onto Red Square, I realized we were headed to a temporary ice skating rink. I was so thrilled!! This is one of my favorite things to do together! Gum mall is celebrating 120 years, so they have set up this beautiful skating rink as part of that celebration.



So here we are ice skating on Valentine's Day on Red Square! Seriously, I've lived here two years now and it still gets me that I'm looking at some of the world's most incredible history. It was beyond amazing skating around the rink surrounded by St. Basil's Cathedral, Gum, The Kremlin and other beautiful buildings!! They even had Russian classical music playing in the background. It was a perfectly romantic setting! What can I say? It's just another blessed day as a missionary in Moscow!




I just have to add how incredibly thankful and blessed I am for the man that the Lord gave me! I love him so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment