Thursday, January 5, 2012

Always check the label

We have arrived safely. :) I always love the feeling when that last luggage shows itself. Praise the Lord the travelling is done and we are well...and so are our bags. Joel has gone to Kolmekii in southern Russia for a few days with a couple of guys who are visiting from our sending church. I feel bad for Joel though he didn't even have time to rest before leaving. Jet lag is in full swing for me. A huge chunk of snow fell off the roof last night and scared me to death. It woke me up from a somewhat restless sleep. I had no idea where I was and when I reached beside me to find Joel he wasn't there. Needless to say I was pretty shook up. Once I realized everything was fine, I fell back asleep until about 3:30 in the morning. Then my eyes popped open and try as I might I couldn't sleep again until 8:00...yes I slept until lunch time! :) LOL I must stay away awake until 10:00 tonight. I will not let you win, jet lag!

Funny story...I walked down to the store today with my sis in law. I needed chocolate and a few other not as important items. As we were getting ready to check out, I saw a 2 liter water jug and thought that would be nice to have in the room. The kitchen is two flights of stairs away and I'm feeling a little lazy at the moment...As I picked it up Hannah got this weird look on her face. "What do you need that for? You don't have a car," she says. I looked a little closer to realize I was planning on drinking window washer fluid . Even better, window cleaner here has a high content of vodka. Oh goodness, I'm starting off well. :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it safely. We are praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete